Monday, March 31, 2008

on entering the arena of the unwell and interesting Danish flu remedies

Most people have the good sense to get sick when it's cold and miserable out. Not me. Today I biked home from work feeling flu-ridden through a picture-perfect sunny day. The birds are chirping, the sun is shining, and all I want to do is close the curtains on the world, curl up in bed and sleep until tomorrow morning.

The flu has been going around for a while here. Not sure if that's what I have, but to steal another Bruce Robinson quote, I feel strange and unusual. (The savvy will recognize the title of this post as well as the second quote from one of my all-time favorite movies - Withnail & I)

Interestingly enough, our CEO stopped by my desk before sending me home with flu remedy in hand - one bottle of wine, one bottle of rum, some lemon and an orange. Apparently you get the wine close to boiling, add in the rum, squeeze in some orange juice and add as much lemon as you can stand. He swears by this. Well, it can't really hurt, can it? (I know I mention this a lot, but I really do work with some of the best people on the planet.)


Remedy results tomorrow.

No comments: