Friday, May 9, 2008

Home again, home again. Jiggety Jig.

So it only took me 48 hours to get back to Denmark and another airline on my sh*tlist. American, you charged me extra to strand me in New York overnight on the way back and didn't even pick up the hotel.

I'd go into more detail, but it's a beautiful day, and I can't be bothered devoting more blog space to them. Suffice it to say, second worst airline experience ever. (The first was American as well. Much despised baggage-losing SAS only rates a distant third, to give you some idea.)

In brighter news, it's a seriously glorious day here in lovely Copenhagen. The sun is shining, the birds are singing and tonight is Friday bar at the agency. If it stays like this, I may never leave Copenhagen again.

As I hate being too negative about anything, here is a list of airlines that have always been a pleasure to fly on:

British Airways
United
Air France
Lufthansa

2 comments:

cyn said...

So you never got your bag back from SAS? I am losing hope that mine will ever turn up again =( from a direct flight from CDG to Stockholm. I am also addicted to United miles and Star Alliance in general, but will make an effort to never fly SAS again, even though they seem to run a majority of the flights up here in Sweden. I just don't understand why so many people here seem to be happy to fly them!

Cori said...

Nope, never got it. SAS sent me a check that didn't even cover 1/5th of what was in the bag. No apologies, no admission of guilt, nothing.

I hear they are in pretty big trouble - can't say I am surprised. You should see their lost baggage piles at CPH - they are massive. I don't think they try all that hard to locate the owners, to be honest.