Thursday, December 13, 2007

the anarchists ride again

So I was on my way home from work and ran across another young anarchists parade. Two flatbed trucks blasted bad punk ear-splittingly loud as an endless sea of early teens marched with torches and bonfires in wagons like the scene when the villagers storm the castle in Frankenstein. It was close to the center of town, and I remember being surprised as I'd never seen them there before. Frankly I was just glad they decided to go someplace other than outside my window. Of course, I spoke too soon. Turns out they were just taking a tour before heading back to their spiritual home - the square across the street.

They've apparently upgraded their sound system since last they were here. Plus they've found some sort of firework that bears a striking similarity to a sonic boom. And they are interspersing the music with speeches this evening. I can't decide which is more annoying. There will be no sleep for me tonight.

No comments: